“I would highly appreciate very much if you would at least acknowledge any materials used or at least ask for a permission first. Unless specified, all other materials are from the private collection of the blog owner. Thank you very much!”

Friday, October 19, 2007

VIDEO 48 TURNS 19

The Entrance to the Shop--- You'll be greeted by the Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock

Video 48 turns 19 this October. I don’t remember the exact date if it’s on the 17th or 19th. It opened in October 1988, 19 years ago. I still recalled having a starting inventory of around 200 to 300 titles, all in beta format. It withstood several trials, transitions and technological changes (from beta to VHS and Laser Discs to VCD and DVD). We likewise underwent numerous shop renovations. Thank God, I’m still here breathing with all my contemporaries in the business gone one by one many years ago (remember Allied, Trigon, Trifari, OMI, Shop & Lift, Lasertech, ACA and several small shops). I’m lucky though that my family owns the place where my shop is situated. I only have to think and worry the light and water bills and the salaries of few of my staff. To complement my video rental business, I added some stuffs for sale such as movie posters, movie collectibles and memorabilia, toys and other related items. I only wish and hope that things would go well and survive for few more years.

Celebrity Corner

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings Collections

1980 and 1990's Movie Posters for Sale

Tagalog VHS tapes are still intact. Most titles are still not readily available in dvds so I have to preserve these tapes.

Life-size Yoda near the entrance

Some Coke collectibles and action figures. Some on display, others for sale.

You'll find DVDs and VCDs at the Counter plus some action figures on sale.



4 comments:

James DR said...

Simon, Happy Anniversary to Video48! For sure, you will have more anniversaries to come because your Video48 is one of a kind! I hope I can visit your store one of these days.

God Is Mac™ said...

I'm a big fan of your blog Simon.Where's Video48 located?

Unknown said...

Hello po mr.simon im a big fan of ur blog po. Pwede po b makabisita s shop niyo? Im looking for
DVDs CDs or other memorabilia of romnick sarmenta po kasi.

Unknown said...

Hello po mr.simon im a big fan of ur blog po. Pwede po b makabisita s shop niyo? Im looking for
DVDs CDs or other memorabilia of romnick sarmenta po kasi.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin