(CNN) -- Ben Affleck may not have earned recognition from the Academy in the directing category, but his movie "Argo" walked away on Sunday with the best picture Oscar.
"Life of Pi" was another big winner during the 85th Oscars ceremony as it claimed four awards, including the best director statue for Ang Lee.
List of the 85th annual Academy Award winners announced on Monday in Los Angeles:
1. Best Picture: 'Argo.'
2. Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, 'Lincoln.
3. Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, 'Silver Linings Playbook.'
4. Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, 'Django Unchained.'
5. Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, 'Les Miserables.'
6. Directing: Ang Lee, 'Life of Pi.'
7. Foreign Language Film: 'Amour.'
8. Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio, 'Argo.'
9. Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, 'Django Unchained.'
10. Animated Feature Film: 'Brave.'
11. Production Design: 'Lincoln.'
12. Cinematography: 'Life of Pi.'
13. Sound Mixing: 'Les Miserables.'
14. Sound Editing (tie): 'Skyfall,' 'Zero Dark Thirty.'
15. Original Score: 'Life of Pi,' Mychael Danna.
16. Original Song: 'Skyfall' from 'Skyfall,' Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth.
17. Costume: 'Anna Karenina.'
18. Documentary Feature: 'Searching for Sugar Man.'
19. Documentary (short subject): 'Inocente.'
20. Film Editing: 'Argo.'
21. Makeup and Hairstyling: 'Les Miserables.'
22. Animated Short Film: 'Paperman.'
23. Live Action Short Film: 'Curfew.'
24. Visual Effects: 'Life of Pi.
Oscar winners previously presented this season:
Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award: Jeffrey Katzenberg
Honorary Award: Hal Needham
Honorary Award: DA Pennebaker
Honorary Award: George Stevens Jr
Award of Merit: Cooke Optics
Photo and movie posters- Internet source